Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Sunday, September 8, 2019

The Garden

These are the days of the late summer garden...















Do you see the hummingbird below?







My garden has been a magical place this summer. It's everything I hoped it would be, and I'm taking notes of what did and did not work so well this year. I walk around every morning just in awe of what is growing....the squash, the tomatoes, the sunflowers, the pumpkins, the herbs, the cucumbers...you get the idea. I have been able to share so many goodies with friends and neighbors and it brings me so much joy! This weekend some friends came over for lunch (it was pretty last minute) and I prepared a garden feast...pasta salad filled with garden goodies, spaghetti squash casserole (with sauce I made from the tomatoes last week), cucumber appetizers, baked zucchini, grapes straight off the vine and fresh tomatoes.


I'm linking up with Good, Random, Fun and Seasons

6 comments:

  1. Great shots! Last pic is so funny and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can imagine your excitement, with a garden with so much variety - fruit of your labor in the garden! Your garden must be bigger at your new house, and the awesome addition of grapes! Love the way you captured the red, and dark sunflower - so beautiful! Love that you are sharing your pickings with All Seasons! Have a great week full of surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Gorgeous garden photos. I love sunflowers and yours are beautiful. Those pictures are good enough to frame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing and hearing about happy gardens like yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU for sharing this nice photos (on a rainy day in NL). So great to see sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete