Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Friday, April 29, 2016

Friday Favorites...


As I was enjoying some quiet time this morning, I realized that three of the things I'm most grateful for right now were right in front of me.


  1. Scripture journal - I know that Bible journalling is all the rage right now, but it's just not for me (neither are the coloring books that are also quite trendy). That being said, I do love to write out Scripture word for word. I think Bible illiteracy is a big problem among many Christians, and I've found that writing out Scripture by hand helps me learn Scripture in a different way than just reading it.
  2. Hot tea -  If I had to choose between coffee and tea in the morning, I'd always choose coffee...except when I'm sick. Although I'm feeling much better than I was earlier this week, I'm still drinking tea in the morning and it's a nice change. I really like peach flavored tea...do you have a favorite flavor?
  3. Fresh flowers from my garden - I love bringing fresh flowers inside to enjoy. Sometimes I feel bad about cutting them and removing them from the garden, but I definitely enjoy them more often if they are on my dining room table or by my kitchen sink. I don't like to spend money on flower arrangements, so being able to grow them in my backyard and then bring them inside to enjoy brings me much joy!




What are some favorite things of your this week?

5 comments:

  1. It's so interesting to see how people of other faiths interact with their scripture. I was quite shocked at fist by the Bible art/journaling. I would never in a million years write in my Chumash. We engage in the text through commentators and another tome called the Gemara and Mishnah which look at the text in deep detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Grace all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first picture looks so peaceful. Beautiful. I like African Autumn hot tea and Passion Fruit Iced tea. I have left my summer open this year: no plays or any other activities just so I can read Scripture and begin noticing the natural world around me
    in a deeper way through hikes and walks. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive just started writing out the book of John. Im doing Bible Study Fellowship next year and that is what we are studying. I thought ut would be a good summer discipline and a good way to prepare for the study. I LOVE African bush tea!! I also love fresh flowers in my home. Unfortunately, I dont have many growing in my own yard so I buy some twice a month from Trader Joes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive just started writing out the book of John. Im doing Bible Study Fellowship next year and that is what we are studying. I thought ut would be a good summer discipline and a good way to prepare for the study. I LOVE African bush tea!! I also love fresh flowers in my home. Unfortunately, I dont have many growing in my own yard so I buy some twice a month from Trader Joes.

    ReplyDelete