Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May Flowers and More


taking a moment to find joy in the little things

{pretty}
I wish these were all from my yard, but they are from a friend's garden. Only the last two flower pics are from my garden.











{happy}
We've had all sorts of happy excitement in our backyard recently. The praying mantis egg sac hatched and this year we caught it while it was hatching. Every year we seem to discover it at a different stage and it was really neat to see the babies still hatching. 




We also have a resident mama duck and her five ducklings that visit looking for food. They have gotten pretty used to us and let us get pretty close now. 



{funny}
My husband wanted us to go to a park and play together - he on guitar, me on violin or mandolin. I'm just not very confident in these situations and found myself photographing the situation more than playing. I did play several fiddle tunes with him and for the most part people just ignored us. 


{real}

getting some real progress on the side of my house....

May 2014 - before planting



May 2014 - after adding several plants



May 2015 - plants came back and look lovely and established



May 2015 - after adding mulch



the garden is coming along nicely also






8 comments:

  1. The mulch looks great! And I love the baby mantises (manti?) and ducklings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've shared marvelous photos... as always!
    Thank you for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/05/tally-ho.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The side garden looks awesome! Love the hatching photos so cool!
    Love the mama and her babies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the white on white of those flowers in the vase. Simple yet elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you went to play music in the park together and the photo of the American flag against the water is beautiful. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just beautiful no matter whose garden they come from. The best part of enjoying the neighbors garden is that you don't have to do the work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where do I start with my compliments?? I love the floral arrangements! The baby prey is so so cute! And finally your garden markers are awesome! Love this whole post!

    ReplyDelete