1. For some reason, spring (and the month of December) makes me want to buy things - new clothes, new home decorations and more. I think it's the need or desire to brighten up my life.
2. Speaking of decorations, I am a less is more kind of gal when it comes to my own home. Only when I'm in stores and see pretty things, I don't quite remember that about myself. When I try to "decorate", it's a complete failure. I need to remember that decorating for me actually means removing clutter and simplifying things.
3. And that leads me to the thought that has been running through my mind all week..."It's all too much!" I'm not sure what my trigger is, but every once in a while I get in a serious mood to pare back. I've found myself selling books so I can limit the "I need to read this" feeling. My daughter's even joined me and did a big purge in their room. They are so happy with the extra space.
4. Last week I shared about my Whole30 experience. I've not been as strict with myself now that the 30 days are over, but the few times I've had grain or dairy, I've felt sick. I've ordered about 10 cookbooks from the library so I can find new, healthy recipes the whole family will enjoy. And if you've never tried cauliflower as a rice or quinoa substitute, you are missing out!
5. After 10 years of parenting, I desperately want a week away with my husband. Just the two of us - and no internet connection. I doubt it will happen any time soon, but we are just a little over a year from our 20th anniversary and I think we could plan something to celebrate that milestone.
linking up with A Rural Journal for Random 5 Friday