Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Saturday, January 25, 2014

I'm Going to Uganda Next Week


Well, not really...but I'll be following a group of bloggers who are traveling with Compassion International and reporting from the field. 


Five years ago someone (I think it was Shaun Groves) had a crazy idea....
What if a group of well-read bloggers went to see and experience Compassion's ministry first hand? What if these bloggers were allowed to ask questions, interact with kids, meet local pastors and families, look into records, visit homes and then write whatever they wanted on their blogs?


It's been hugely successful. Thousands of kids have been sponsored as a result of the trips to Uganda, Dominican Republic, India, El Salvador, Kenya, GuatemalaPhilippines, Ecuador, Tanzania, Peru and Nicaragua.

It's the 5th anniversary of this crazy idea and next week, the Compassion bloggers are headed back to Uganda, the country where it all started.

This trip is full of great bloggers and co-leaders.


Here's the line up:

I'd love to invite you to follow along with me. You can either choose one blogger and read their accounts each day, or read them all. For easy access to all the posts, the Compassion blogger page can be found HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment