Yay for the weekend! I really have no idea what is in store for us this weekend, but am hoping there is some sort of hiking or other outdoor adventure involved. It's so nice to feel caught up at home - I enjoy the weekend outings so much more.
Here are 5 random thoughts rolling around in my head today (accompanied - perhaps inspired by - photos I took this past week).
1. I like moss and I like trees...so I really like moss on trees. Good thing we have plenty of both in these parts.
|This is looking straight up a tree trunk that was covered in moss.|
2. Last Friday I set out to "touch up " the paint in my girls' room. The color match was WAY off and I ended up re-painting the whole room. Then I decided to rearrange the room. Then I decided the whole "use what we have" just wasn't working for me anymore. So after 1 gallon of paint, 2 trips to IKEA, and quite a bit of muscle power, they have a newly decorated room. I'll do a separate post with before and after pictures. This is the first time they have ever really had a theme or color scheme in their room.
3. It's amazing what a few little flowers and blooming, potted plants do for my mood. Amazing. I found the cutest, littlest potted flowers at Trader Joe's...this one and a little orchid.
4. I challenged myself to not buy groceries this week, but to eat what we had on hand. We made it and had plenty to eat. We still do. Sure, we ran out of some of our basic standards, but we still had other options. I even managed to have lunch guests twice. I'm trying really hard to cut our grocery budget this year and not have access to everything and anything we might want to eat. We've still got quite a ways to go to eat up what's on hand. I'll likely add a few basics this weekend and continue to work on our pantry next week.
5. God has been teaching me so much lately. He doesn't want me to live my life under Him, over, Him, from Him or for Him. While elements of all four of those postures can be good, ultimately God wants me to live my life WITH Him. I'm learning to treasure God - to want God - more than anything else. I honestly believe this is the first step in learning to serve God (serve is my word for the year).