Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Friday, December 6, 2013

One Word

Each year for the past few years I have chosen a word to focus on the during the year. I'd like to think that God chooses my word and impresses it upon my heart.

Looking back over the years I have loved seeing the progression of the words and how God has used this exercise to teach, mold and grow me.

Here's how it's gone so far....

2010
~LOVE~

God will quiet me with his love.

2011
~QUIET~

I need to be quiet....silent....so I can listen.

2012 
~LISTEN~

Now that I'm quieted by his love and listening, I need to slow down.

2013
~SLOW~

Now that I'm quieted by his love, listening to his voice, moving at a slower pace, 
I can learn how to serve.

2014
~SERVE~




How about you? Have you ever tried choosing a word? If so, I'd love to hear about it.



2 comments:

  1. My words so far have been HOPE, DELIGHT, TRUST and now for 2014, JOY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping over from Compassions blog....My words have been enrich, masterpiece, choice and 2014 is still up in the air - but it might be right. (getting right with God, is this right for my diet, right for my emotions, is this the right way to spend my time....do the right things for the people important in your life.)

    ReplyDelete