Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, August 8, 2013

{pretty, happy, funny, real}


taking a moment to capture contentment and joy in every day life


{pretty}
Last week we were in Illinois visiting my family and I posted this photo on Instagram - a different kind of beauty than I'm used to...



And today we went to a nearby dahlia farm. So many varieties - all so beautiful. I'll put a few photos up today and put more up tomorrow in case you are interested in seeing more.








{happy}
As I said before, we were in Illinois last week. It had been 2 years since our last visit and it was so good to see family and friends - especially my grandma who recently turned 98. The girls and I gave a couple violin concerts at the nursing home where she lives and it was a joy for all of us. 

Four generations!


You know what they do really well in Illinois? - grow good sweet corn! Yum, yum, yum. We ate corn four different nights for dinner and it was good all four nights! 


{funny}
My mom and all the kids are pretending to get run over by this huge Caterpillar truck. This was my mom's idea because she's just a big kid trapped in an adult's body! She's fun like that.



When we got home from our trip, I headed out back to see my garden. My neighbor, who watered the garden while we were gone, left this bow and note on one of our cucumbers. 


{real}
When you take kids with you to a farm, and the sprinklers are on....they will get wet.



I'm linking up with Like Mother, Like Daughter

round button chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment