Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Friday, August 9, 2013

Dahlias

The girls and I went to a dahlia farm this week and I couldn't stop taking photos. There were so many different varieties and I loved every single one. I could walk the rows of that farm every single day and not get tired of seeing the beauty. 







Some of the dahlias were as big as my girl's head!



















And some looked remarkably like something Dr. Seuss would have drawn.






As we were leaving we saw several humming birds...such interesting birds to watch!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! We have a hummingbird that's been visiting our hanging baskets but so far I'm the only one who's been fast enough to spot it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics Jill! Such vibrant colors/details. What kind of camera do you have again and what setting did you have it on for that hummingbird picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Sony a77. I used my Tamron zoom lens to get this shot and had a pretty high shutter speed (1/2500).

      Delete