Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, August 29, 2013

{p, h, f, r} and {life through the lens}

I had a birthday last week, so all these photos are from that celebration.

taking a moment to capture contentment and joy in every day life


{pretty}

My husband arranged for our girls to spend the night at our pastor's house. Then he and I headed to one of our favorite towns for an evening of good food, good wine and time alone. Our hotel room overlooked the Columbia River and it was a gorgeous view.



Birthday flowers 


{happy}
The girls decorated the house before my birthday dinner. There were a lot of streamers and ballons!



And all week leading up to my birthday, the August fairy and August dragon left me notes, chocolates and flowers.  



the August fairy

the August dragon


I love to serenade friends and family members on their birthday, and now my own girls can serenade me! It's a lovely gift!




{funny}
Having the only summer birthday in our family, it's become a tradition to get an ice cream cake. The girls went to pick one out with my husband and when the lady offered to write something on it, they chose "Happy Snakes". They know I hate snakes and have a healthy fear of them....and they thought this would funny. It was.


{real}
I'm 39 now....my last year in my thirties. It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't given my own parents such a hard time when they turned 40. In case you can't read this note it's from Tamara and Leha - our resident hermit crabs. They are stating that 39 is way to old for a hermit crab.






I'm linking up with Like Mother, Like Daughter

round button chicken
and Four Simply Living

6 comments:

  1. I'm laughing out loud at the August dragon and cake! We miss you guys! So glad you had a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake cracks me up... I'm one year behind you at 38, and am not really looking for to forty. Happy, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I turned 39 this year too and, sigh, I guess it is too old for a hermit crab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I'm 39 too! I just love your photos and the sweet story you've documented here. What a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! Love your photos. It looks like it was a wonderful birthday week for you. Coming by from Lisa's. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! This is fantastic. I especially love the cake. What a beautiful birthday. Thank you for sharing your photos with us. Beautiful view of the river.

    ReplyDelete