Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, May 16, 2013

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

I realize I've not been posting here much....for a while I just didn't feel like it, and then the past week I've been gone. I can't promise I'll get back on track, but hopefully I will.

In the meantime, here's another {pretty, happy, funny, real} post. I love this link-up because it's such a great way to summarize my life each week.


taking a moment to capture contentment and joy in every day life


{pretty} 
For Mother's Day, my family treated me to a 5 day getaway to one of our favorite places - central Oregon. We love driving around the Cascades and the lakes and exploring the volcanic remains.






{happy}
Me and my girls on Mother's Day...I never imagined I would be the mom to two beautiful, girls! After a delicious breakfast cooked by my girls, we spent much of the day riding bikes on the bike paths of Sunriver. Later in the day we went swimming, I went for a run and then the girls made a delicious dinner (steak and broccoli!)


During our stay we biked, walked, fished and relaxed. It was so hard to come back home.





We also got to walk through a 1 mile lava river tube (cave)....it was very cool (literally) and a little bit freaky to be 80 feet underground.



{funny}
We saw this horse on one of our bike rides. My husband thought he needed a helmet.


The house we stayed at had some bikes, but our littlest family member was just too big for this bike. We ended up having to rent one for her.


{real}
There is something wrong with my camera - really wrong. There seems to be specks of dust or something on the lens and despite all our efforts to clean it, it's not getting better. We have to take it in and have it cleaned. Hopefully it's an easy fix and doesn't require a new lens. In the pictures below you can see the spots and smears....seeing them depends on the settings and what you are shooting. The spots seem to show up best on blue skies. 










I'm linking up with Like Mother, Like Daughter


round button chicken

4 comments:

  1. Your photos are still lovely despite the problems your having! It looks like a wonderful mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely have the PRETTY in pretty,happy,funny,real. All your shots are lovely. Loving my camera probably as much as you do, I totally get depressing it is to have 'issues'. Get that baby cleaned by a professional and I bet you'll be all set! (The only problem is it takes forever usually, and what is a girl to do without a camera?!?!?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to tell myself it's ok to use a point and shoot for a couple weeks.... just trying to pick the right time to get it cleaned.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful Mother's Day! I want to go to Oregon now. :) Your pictures are gorgeous. I didn't even notice the specks until you brought it up.

    ReplyDelete