Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Friday, February 15, 2013

Simple Valentine's Day


 I try to make the celebration of every holiday (major or minor) simple in our home. I figure if I go crazy one year, I might be setting a precedent for the next year. 

Don't get me wrong....I love to celebrate, but keeping it simple works best for me.

The girls wanted to decorate the house, but we were having company for dinner (a couple we don't know very well) so we didn't want to overwhelm them with streamers and hearts.

So I surprised the girls by decorating their bathroom. They were happy and surprised.




Last year I covered our table with paper and we wrote messages of love to each other all day. Again, with the company coming for dinner, I didn't think this was a great idea. So I covered each girls desk with paper. They both love to draw and create, so this was a winner.

They were happy and surprised.






Did you do anything special for Valentine's Day?

2 comments:

  1. How cute, Jill! We kept it simple as well. I made some chocalate, covered starberries for the children and my husband. I was supposed to make a strawberry cake,yet since I am expecting baby number #4 in 6 weeks; I was just too tired. Hope you enjoyed your guest and had a Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete