Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Another Closet Declutter

In the 2 1/2 years we have lived in this home, we have done a lot of shifting when it comes to closets. We started out with a family closet (which I loved!), then shifted to having the girls each have their own closet, then shifted again to having them share a room and closet, I moved out of the big closet into a tiny closet...

When it comes to closets, we can't seem to make up our minds. 

The "extra" bedroom in our house has become a music room. And the "extra" closet became the junk closet. 

Every time I opened the doors I cringed. Sometimes I even found myself on the receiving end of a tumbling pile of junk. I finally got fed up with it and did something about it.

I knew a lot of stuff that ended up in this closet needed a new home, so my first step was to find a new place for games and the homeschooling materials we aren't currently using. 

Then I took EVERYTHING out of the closet.

Because I had a plan, the whole project really didn't take very long.  I was able to let go of several things, and the results make me happy.


BEFORE








AFTER





Have you done any major decluttering lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment