Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Curiousness of Nature

With blue skies making a rare appearance for a second day in a row and a forecast of rain, rain, rain for the weekend, I really wanted to get out for a walk with the girls today.

Because it's been a slow week when it comes to photos, I grabbed my camera to take along. My girls followed suit and each grabbed a little point and shoot (our old cameras we've kept around for just such instances). 

What started out as a simple walked, turned into an adventure in discovering the incredible display of nature right in our own neighborhood. 

When you walk slow enough to see ~ really see ~ what is surrounding you, it's all quite curious.

The colors, the shapes, the patterns, the textures. 








Both the plant above and below had bright fuschia colors - hot pink - so bright it was almost blinding!








I love spending time in nature, even if it's just a walk around my very suburban neighborhood. It's a simple way for me to connect with God - the Creator. When I see the beauty and glory of creation, I feel like I'm seeing the language of God.

If you have some extra time this weekend, go for a slow walk. Take your camera along and see what you can find!

I dare you.

1 comment:

  1. Love all your photos! We won't be walking around much here this weekend. Rain, rain, and more rain here. But I agree with you, I love spending time out in nature (especially Yosemite!) and taking in all the beautiful colors and shapes and textures of all that is in this world God created for us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete