Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Friday, November 16, 2012

Daybook for Friday, November 16, 2012


Outside my window ~ Blue skies. It's such a gift because normally this time of year is very gray.

Thankful for ~ So many things, but here are a few highlights
  • the Compassion Bloggers in Peru ~ their stories and photos are moving me
  • my friend Patricia who is in Burkina Faso with Compassion this week ~ this post broke my heart
  • blue skies and sunshine this week
  • light dancing on my walls
  • two boxes of FREE Legos we got from a friend this week
  • our first family karate lesson
  • the turkey fairy that occasionally leaves notes and chocolate on my bed
  • another round of letters sent off to our Compassion kids
Listening to ~ Seeds Family Worship. I love these cds - scripture set to music. My girls and I know so many verses because we listen to this music in the morning. One of the best parts is that when you order the cd, you get two copies - one to keep and one to share!

Reading ~  I'm still working on Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift. I really hope to finish this one by the end of the month. I finished Alone Together by Sherry Turkle and appreciated what the Minimalist Mom had to say about it. I'm using my Kindle more and more. I was able to download Almost Amish by Nancy Sleeth from the library (I was excited about how cool that was!) and also purchased both of Courtney Carver's books (Living in the Land of Enough and Simple Ways to Be More With Less) and for only $.99 this week (I think the price is going up on these next week, so if you are interested, get them today!)

One of my Favorite Things ~ Nutella. I love having a little bit on a piece of toast every once in a while. It takes me right back to the time I spent in France oh so many years ago.

Plans for the Weekend ~ This looks like it will be a church kind of weekend. Not meaning that we will go to church, but rather that all of our activities will be church-related. Saturday morning we have a 5k/10k that we will be running in. Sunday we will be putting together our Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes (nothing like waiting until the last minute!) and Sunday evening is a chili cook-off hosted by the men of our church. 

A photo ~



I'm linking up with Michelle at Blogging From the Boonies





No comments:

Post a Comment