Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Boot Camp - Days 21 and 22


Two for the price of one today...

Pantry and Refrigerator

I've had this gigantic basket of teas and hot chocolate and it has been taking up a lot of valuable space in my pantry. It pulls out easily enough, but I knew it could stand some decluttering.

BEFORE



AFTER

I threw out the stuff I don't drink and was able to fit it into a smaller basket.



Remember this empty cupboard space from decluttering my spices?



Well, after decluttering the two cake pans, I was able to move my flour and sugar over here from the pantry, along with my tea basket, which fits nicely on the top shelf.

I don't have pictures of my pantry, but it is a lot more spacious and the food in there is much more accessible. I was able to declutter quite a few items that will be perfect donations for the food pantry at our church. I even pulled extra items I had in my personal care items for the pantry - leaving even more space in the bathroom.

As for the refrigerator...I tossed some salad dressings we don't use and found a few mystery items in the freezer that got tossed.

3 comments:

  1. Your decluttering has inspired me. We've spent all morning doing a massive clean out of Ten Year Old's room. And are probably only half done. Taking a breather for lunch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying reading these posts! You're doing an amazing job here! Right now at my house, decluttering has slowed down to allow for a busier schedule, but not to worry, I'll be back at it again soon :) Then I'll go back through your old posts and emulate your plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo Jill! You're turbo-charging all the way through bootcamp! Love the new little tea spot. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete