Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Will it ever be enough?

I'm trying to be very intentional about keeping our possessions to a minimum. I really do feel like I peeled another layer or two of the onion when we moved into the house, but it still doesn't feel like enough.

I know the fight against clutter is a continual battle. The clutter just seems to multiply and breed all on it's own. But my question today is, how much more minimizing, decluttering and simplifying do I have to do until I feel like it's enough?

I know this is a personal question and one that only I can answer. But I also know I'm not there yet. When I open a closet door, I don't feel that peace of simplicity I'm craving. I don't like that I've stuffed things into small spaces just to find them a home.

I made some huge progress this week, thanks to some inspiring reads and words. I just know, deep down, there is still a long way to go. I'm not following anyone's prescribed definition of minimalism. I'm not seeking to own only 100 things. I'm not forcing my family down this road (although I am seeking to "set the tone" for our house and family). I'm just looking for peace.

And so my quest continues, until I find this peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment