Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Simple Birthdays

In our family, we keep birthdays simple. We don't do big parties with family and friends, but we do love to celebrate. It helps that we move often and don't have a lot of family and friends that live close, but even if we did, we would try to keep it simple.

So what do we do? We decorate....We always decorate the table.


And this year we (I) decorated the birthday girl's bedroom door.


Another tradition we've started that helps keep things simple is that the birthday girl gets to decorated her own cake. Our cakes aren't beautiful pieces of art that photograph well, but they are wonderful expressions of the birthday girl! And the girls love this tradition!!

We also let the girls choose what or where they want to eat. This year we agreed to take them out to a restaurant, but in years past they have simply chosen the menu at home.

I love keeping birthdays simple. It helps me focus on the birthday girl and not the birthday party.

1 comment:

  1. Your cakes are beautiful! They are made with love from the heart.

    ReplyDelete