Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Coleus

I don't remember when I first met coleus, but it was love at first sight. And every year my love grows deeper and deeper and the affair with all the varieties continues....

I used to plant my pots in late spring/early summer with late spring/early summer flowers. And then in mid summer I would replant them with coleus. 

Last summer I just skipped that first planting and went straight to coleus. It was a great decision. The coleus lasted all summer and into fall until the first hard frost. I loved it so much that I vowed to do the same this year. 




I don't have a favorite....I love them all and I love mixing them all.











 

5 comments:

  1. You have such an amazing green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very lovely - intricate designs. Also the link for #Allseasons is here if you were having trouble finding it. Closes tonight https://pandoraandmax.blogspot.com/2021/06/if-you-keep-waiting-for-right-time-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Childhood memories! I got a cutting from my mother and had plants in the window of my room. Now, they are very popular garden plants. Extremely decorative ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these take me back to my first indoor plants. I loved how coleus dressed up a room.

    I'm happy you chose to share your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete