Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Sunday, January 24, 2021

House Plants

It's no secret...I love plants. I've always had at least one houseplant over the past 20ish years, but this year I have started collecting them! Currently I have 15 potted plants. This house is perfect for house them...I have big, beautiful windows on every side of my house giving every room enough light for plants. 

The plants in the photo below are currently enjoying the front windows. The first one is a chenile plant and I'm attempting to keep it alive inside all winter. It has lost it's red, fuzzy blooms, but there is quite a bit of new leaf growth. 




This second one is a rubber plant that I found on the side of the road over a year ago with a "FREE" sign on it. It's doing so well and has grown so much! I watching the new leaves grow and unfold and love how they are red at first. 





This philodendron tree is my latest addition. I found this for $30 at the grocery store and couldn't pass it up. I knew it needed a plant stand and started looking on Amazon. I showed my husband what I was interested in and he made this one for me! 




I trimmed it a bit the other day to keep it better contained in this space...I stuck the trimmed leaves in a vase of water with a few grocery store flowers and it's so beautiful. I expected the leaves to wither quickly but they are beautiful. 




 

This one sits by my kitchen sink and has the neatest color and texture. It's a 'Moon Valley' friendship plant. It is growing quickly and the leaves will turn to face the light. Every couple days I turn the plant. 





I have a couple snake plants and both are growing quickly! This is the biggest of the two and looks great in my dining room. 



My most "temporary" houseplant is this amaryllis. My daughter buys me a bulb every year for Christmas and I love watching them grow and bloom. 



I got this ponytail palm years ago at IKEA. It's fun and unique and adds whimsy to my house! I brought this wandering jew inside and it's doing so well. I had gotten it for my patio last summer. It is so hardy...you can pinch off a few leaves and either stick them in a vase with water or stick them directly into soil and they will root quickly!



I have several more...pothos, philodendron, fern, tiger tail succulent, oxalis and norfolk pine but those will have to wait for another post! 

Do you have houseplants?





I'm linking up with Garden AffairGood, Random, Fun and Seasons
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I couldn't part from the plants which I suspected would not be available in Texas, so I took them with us (lipstick plant, 2 African Violets, Gold Fish and elkhorn) on our drive over there.And they are thriving here, so I'm a happy camper. Great you have a handy hubby who can make stands for your plants:) Thanks for sharing them for All Seasons, Jesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 15 too! I need to propagate a few soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rubber plant , wandering jew as indoor plants. You have good sense of decorating plants indoors. Thank you so much for sharing your post with Garden Affair. Keep linking.

    ReplyDelete