Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Sunday, December 6, 2020

Two Christmas Trees

 This year we have two trees! I figure if any year deserves two trees, it's 2020. For the past several years, I have wanted to invest in a new Christmas tree. In mid-November I was at Target and noticed that the tree I had my eye on was half price! She is beautiful and so much fuller than our old tree. 



When we moved into this house just a little over 2 years ago, I knew this was the perfect house for multiple Christmas trees. Because I bought a new one and still had my old one, I decided to put both up. This is the old one....we bought it when we lived in Vermont and it's an Oregon fir. The new one we bought here in Oregon and is a Virginia pine. I think we need to move back to Virginia and buy a Vermont tree so the circle can come full cirle!



On the old tree we put up any ornament that had a memory tied to 2020. For example, Kevin and I went to Bend this summer, so our Bend ornmanet we on this tree. Our family band played a couple gigs and released an album so our instrument ornaments are on the tree. We traveled to NY and our Buffalo ornments are up on this tree. And then to fill it out, I printed out my favorite memories from the year to remind us that despite all the craziness and chaos and uncertainty of 2020, it was a really good year. 

I absolutely LOVE having two trees up. I never intended to keep the old tree, but I think I might just have to. 


I'm linking up with Good, Random, Fun and Seasons

2 comments:

  1. Jill, in your sharing here about your two trees, what I hear and notice is that you're aware of what makes your heart glad. And you're making way to fulfill desire. Some of us have such a hard time with this. For some, the desires of the heart are barely even known.
    The world and past hurts have caused us to shut them off.
    And, to embrace and live out of such a place is also hard when it seems so terribly simple ("All I really want for Christmas is two trees!").
    Once again, thank you for sharing from such a healthy place in your heart and mind and life. What a guide post you are for us.
    Peace ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have good memories tied to both! Totally understand it! We might have to over to a tree like this, since real trees here in Texas begin with $46! Love the place in front of the window the most:) Fun to share this tree story with All Seasons. Have a beautiful week, Jesh

    ReplyDelete