Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Christmas Decorations

 This year I went a little crazy using greens from our evergreen trees to decorate the house. Even though we have 2 Christmas trees this year, my Christmas decorations (including all the ornaments, stockings, tree skirt, books, etc.) fit in just one big Rubbermaid bin. I love decorating with nature, and fresh greens are a great way to add to the decor. 



the fireplace mantle...
I'll add the stockings a week before Christmas.




by my front door...
I've learned greens do really well just stuck in some dirt in pots





inside the front door entrance
Last year I bough the norfolk pines...I planted them together in a big pot and they have grown so much over the year. I found the huge pinecones several years ago in a park where we used to live.




school room...
I love hanging this joy banner on the world map 
"Joy to the World"




dining room table centerpiece...
wooden box, greens, lights and candles in the center of my gorgeous new table





top of bookshelves...
more greens and a beautiful, ceramic Nativity scene my youngest daughter made last year




bathroom...
a new princt from Gracelaced and some plants



outside...
another pot of greens...I can see this from my dining room




a tiny ceramic Nativity set made by my oldest daughter



dining room..
more greens in a vase, another Nativity set and at night we turn on the twinkling lights




outside...
this one I can see from my kitchen window when I'm washing dishes...
I found some holly and mixed it in with other greens.
















6 comments:

  1. You have lovely Christmas decorations. I wish you joy through the Advent and Christmas season and a happy, healthy year to come!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/12/i-miss-fall-colors.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely decor and I agree nothing beats real evergreens

    ReplyDelete
  4. What intriguing bits of decoration, especially "Joy to the World"!

    Your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week is an exciting addition! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful plants arrangement for the upcoming festive season.The ceramic nativity created by your daughter is adorable.It would be my pleasure if you join my Link up party related to Gardening here at http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2020/12/garden-affair-painting-earthen-pots.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas vibes ! Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair .Keep linking.

    ReplyDelete