Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Garden Goodness

 COLEUS
This plant and all it's varieties makes my heart sing! Last year I planted some mid summer on my patio, and by fall it was big and gorgeous. This year I planted it in late spring and have loved it all season. I love that the colors take us right into fall. 




SCARLET RUNNER BEANS
These are another favorite. Last year I planted them to grow up and over my arch, and this year I decided to also plant them to grow and cover the handrail by the house. I love it so much! They attract hummingbirds and every once in a while I'll see one while I'm either sitting out there or while I'm still inside. It's a much closer encounter than the ones I see at the feeder. 







When you take the seeds out of a green bean, they are small and pinkish. As the bean dies, the seeds get bigger and turn a black and purple. I think they are so beautiful. 


These two books were birthday gifts and I'm excited to dive into them. The garden basket was a lovely gift from my adult violin student. She and her husband are avid gardeners and invited me to tour their garden. I was admiring her garden baskets, which she said her husband made. The next week she brought a newly crafted one for me! 



And now the edibles....figs



cantaloupe




tomatoes


coming soon...grapes and plums!

It's been a particularly good year for cucumbers, lettuce, kale and tomatoes. My squash (zucchini, spaghetti, delicatta and pumpkin) are not doing as well as past year. 



7 comments:

  1. Your green thumb is just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While the flowers on your railing are pretty, those of us who need the assistance of railings would rather people not do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since it's my own home and don't know anyone who would need to use the railing, I feel ok about covering them with plants. If someone was over and needed the railing, I would happily remove the plants.

      Delete
  3. Incredible colors and patterns in Coleus! Before, i thought they vere indoor plants, but they are much better to use in the garden. Love them in pots and beds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a stunning garden. And I like what you've done with the railings.
    ;)
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/08/oriental-lily.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are making me wish summer would hurry up here! Items from your back yard are always delicious. Hubby grows cherry tomatoes just for me and I grab them as fast as they ripen :)

    I'm so excited to see you at 'My Corner of the World' this week!! Thanks for linking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to see you are still blogging here! Your garden, as always, is stunning.

    ReplyDelete