Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Sunday, June 28, 2020

House Projects

Summer is the perfect time to get some of the bigger house projects done. I'm tackling some by myself, but also enlisting the girls' help for others. This past week we crossed two of those projects off our list. 

The first was repainting the master bathroom. Thankfully, we have a pretty small master bathroom. We've lived here two years and although I repainted the rest of the house, I was fine with the master bath. The only problem is that whoever painted it, did not paint two coats. There were spots where you could see through. If I knew the original color or had extra paint, it would have been easy to just do some touch up work. 



We ended up changing the color completely. The original color was the taupe, which matches the floor and shower better. The new color is the gray, which matches the vanity better. Since the vanity is the most prominent feature, we decided to match it. 




Next up was the exterior doors, and I enlisted the girls' help for this. I've never liked this reddish-orangeish color on the doors. It's not horrible, it just isn't the shade I would choose. 




We have 6 exterior doors, and I chose to paint them a rich, chocolate brown color. It was so much easier and faster than I thought it would be, and it makes such a big difference. Why did I wait 2 years to do this?




working hard





After about 30 minutes of painting I came out to check their progress and found this...

hardly working



Next up is the laundry room!




I'm linking up with Good, Random, Fun and Seasons

3 comments:

  1. To my own surprise, I love the chocolate brown (or burnt sienna) colored doors the most - they look so personal! Actually also love the grey cabinets. Since I will look at at new new house in not too long, that would be a great color to consider too. Many thanks for being inspiring to All Seasons, and me personally as well with these door colors! Have a great 4th of July week! Jesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks pretty neat. Interesting shades!

    ReplyDelete