Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Staying Home

My heart is breaking for the countries and families that are in the middle of this COVID 19 battle. Although we are staying home, it does not seem real to us as our entire county has only one reported case so far. 

There are so many things I am grateful for - one being that our family culture hasn't changed much. We had  already chosen to educate our children at home - my husband had already chosen to be at work less and to be home more - we had already chosen to move to a home that we wanted to spend time in together....

We miss our friends and want to go visit family, but we are making the most of a terrible situation. Last Sunday we roasted a whole chicken over the fire - threw some veggies in at the end - it was delicious!





My youngest daughter created this little pulley system between her bedroom window and the kitchen window. I think she's hoping I send some chocolate her way.





We took last week off school (spring break), and I used the extra time to do a project I've been putting off. In January 2019 I heard about the art of kintsugi - repairing broken pottery with gold. The context in which I heard it was also talking about grace - which happened to be the word I had chosen for my year. I was intrigued and thought it would be a fun project to try - I just needed some broken pottery.

A whole year went by and I pretty much forgot about it. But in the early days of January 2020 I broke my favorite piece of pottery while putting dishes away. I remembered the kintsugi project idea and bought the necessary items to do it. And then it sat waiting to be done. This week, I did it!




It's not perfect, but it's fixed....and it will be a visual reminder of this time at home. And maybe one day it will be a family heirloom from the time of COVID 19.


I'm linking up with Good, Random, Fun and Seasons


4 comments:

  1. Love your outlook and the little pully!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you might be right about the hope for chocolate, lol! That was an awesome project -what kind of gold did you use? It looks classy! You know, I am beginning to believe all the hype about the virus is highly exaggerated. I heard yesterday from a friend who lives in Los Angeles that Orange County, which is one of the suburbs of Los Angeles, had 256 cases and one death. That is nothing for such a big city with international traffic.
    Anyways that chicken looks delicious, and many thanks for sharing your experiences with All Seasons! Have a good week, Jesh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's all hype...I think either our social distancing is working or we are just on the edge of it really hitting us. I look at Spain and Italy - where the life of loss has been huge - and even NYC - and know it's real.

      Delete
  3. I think you have to put chocolate in that. What invention and artistic creation - surely some reward is necessary? I misread county fro Country and was wondering where on earth you lived? Even Uganda who went into lock down with zero cases now has 30....Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete