Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Exquisite Creatures

My girls and I had the opportunity to visit the Exquisite Creatures exhibit by Christopher Marley at our science museum this past week. It was stunning...amazing...overwhelming...exquisite...awesome.

I'd love to share every photo I took, but I won't for the sake of time - yours and mine. I do hope you enjoy the few I'm sharing here. I think you will be amazed at the creativity - both of the creatures themselves and of the artist who has arranged and displayed them so beautifully.

All the specimens are real and were obtained in a respectable way. The artist collects most by sourcing them from zoos or other facilities where the creatures are raised in captivity. Everything dies eventually, and when they do, the specimens are preserved and given to the artist. 




















Linking up with

5 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow!!! The artist's creativity exceeds mine by eons! This is great use of color and shape. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more of your photos :)

    I'm so glad you are a part of 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proof that there is beauty everywhere if you take time to look for it. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete