Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Wrapping up 2019

At the beginning of every year I set goals for myself, and at the end of every year I enjoy looking back and reflecting on those goals.  I try to set very attainable goals, but I don't always reach them.


practiced every single day - 365 days in a row! (goal was 100)

ran 366 miles (goal was 365)

went on 23 hikes (goal was 30)

read 132 books!  (goal was 100)

read through the Bible  (this was my 7th time)



our family also played 28 gigs (in Oregon, Washington and New York)

I was appointed first chair, 2nd violin in our community orchestra

We turned 13, 14, 45 and 46 

We had a successful and bountiful garden

We loved our first full year of living in Hood River


I have a "bookstagram" account and these were my most liked photos of the year




Instagram is my favorite place to hang out on the internet, but it has changed a LOT over the past few years (more ads, less community engagement) Still, I post almost daily. These were my most liked photos on my regular account for 2019.




It's always fun to see what photos other people like. However, I try to post photos that I love, and below you'll see my favorite photos of 2019. Each one triggers a specific memory - I love that.
Top
snow, a wildflower hike, backyard birds

Middle
father's day, family vacation, mother's day

Bottom
teaching, gorgeous view at a gig, the garden





And finally we ended the year with another successful Dressember campaign. This is so much fun to do with Kayleigh. We learn some very hard things about the realities of human trafficking, but it feels good to be able to do something to fight it. And we both love wearing dresses. 

As of right now, Dressember has raised over $2.2 million dollars this year. Our team raised $3,363.53 of that! I'm so grateful for this wonderful shared experience that I have with my daughter.


and now on to 2020!



I'm linking up with Good, Random, Fun and Seasons

6 comments:

  1. I gotta step up my game. I only read about 15 books this year! 2 hike! And only read through the New Testement. Wow ! You are a busy woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had such a great year! I am trying to step up my reading game this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness Jill, you're reading an aweful lot! Kudos to you, and especailly about the practicing -perfect! Of course it depends on what you are reading, like most of my reading is about art, and how to - so reading becomes a secondary purpose.
    Awesome purpose for the fundraising of Dressember -Have to say that with so much more colder and rainier weather, it takes real motivation for a dress - skirts still okay, because I still like to look good, haha. Great review of last year, and wishing you all the best for 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a magical year. Some really beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that Lauren Graham book! Great job on reaching (and surpassing!) so many of your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post! I’d say you hit the ball out of the park on meeting your goals. A very productive year.

    Michelle
    http://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete