Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

It's More Than a Dress



I had two concerts over the weekend...we played selections from the Nutcracker Suite and Messiah. I cannot even begin to tell you how much fun it is for me to be part of an orchestra again!







During the month of December, I'm wearing a dress every single day. Why? I'm participating in Dressember...an international fashion challenge to raise awareness and funds in the fight against human trafficking. Modern day slavery is a huge problem and fighting it takes a lot of money. I know that young girls are the most vulnerable to human trafficking. I have two young daughters. I also have a passion for doing my part to make things right and just. If wearing a dress every day for the rest of my life would eliminate the evil of human trafficking, I'd be the first to sign up. 

If you want to donate to this cause, here is a link to my team page.... Dressed to Bless.







7 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that you're keeping your talent alive. I've been enjoying your song sharings on Instagram. Very nice.

    Peabea from Pictorial Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of wearing a dress in support of such an important cause

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have sang the Messiah many times, it was a yearly passion.Would enjoy hearing you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could here you play! How wonderful! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Nutcracker Suite is wonderful! I just love Tchaikovsky... he has the right pathos. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that you can do something that means so much to you! I always enjoyed being in the high school bands (small school, one band did it all!) especially concert band.

    ReplyDelete