Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Sunday, June 17, 2018

The Grotto

While my mom was visiting this past week, we went to the Grotto - a place I've been meaning to go for the past 8 years! It was beautiful and so peaceful to walk through the gardens.

The lower part of the Grotto has a bookstore, a chapel and a visitors center. That's also where the cave is with a big outdoor seating area. The if you want to go to the upper gardens, you buy a ticket and ride up this elevator.





You step off the elevator and can hardly believe you are in the middle of city. There are tall trees and beautiful paths.



Almost immediately upon entering the garden, a grounds keeper called us over to see this beautiful butterfly that was just resting on the ground.






The sun was shining brightly and I decided to practice my photography in bright sun. I love how these next two photos turned out.







The meditation chapel in the upper gardens....gorgeous view of the city and Mt. St. Helens.





Back on the lower level you can walk a path of the Stations of the Cross. It was beautiful, set in the mossy, forested environment.




I'm linking up with Good, Random, Fun and Seasons

6 comments:

  1. So gorgeous, right!? You had such a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful, wonderful place! I love the photos of the green plants against the black background. Great photo of the Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a place to find one's inner peace. My favorite of your photos is the fern. I like the clarity and contrast of the colors and shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I've been to Portland many times and have been near the Grotto. Had never heard of it, what a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a spectacular place to honor the Stations of the Cross!

    ReplyDelete