Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Why I Garden



My garden serves so many purposes, and it seems that each year I discover new ways that it nurtures me. I’m learning that gardening is an act of worship that brings me closer to my Creator. I love everything about it. I love planting a seed, watering it and then waiting expectantly for signs of life and growth.



I love watching the plants grow and get bigger every day. I love seeing the flowers develop blooms that open and then display their beauty. 



I love snipping fresh herbs to add to meals and popping fresh strawberries and raspberries into my mouth. I love going to the backyard to gather vegetables for dinner or lettuce for a salad. 



I love finding frogs, ladybugs, praying mantis and other creatures within the plants and flowers of my garden. I love watching the hummingbirds visit the flowers.



And I love sharing my garden with anyone who comes to visit, so if you are in my neighborhood, please stop by.




I'm guest posting about my garden over at Northwest Healthy Mama - come on over to read more


2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful! I so miss gardening, a downside to city living!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet garden! If I were closer I would definitely stop by for a visit : )

    ReplyDelete