Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, May 26, 2016

School's Out!


taking a moment to find joy in the little things

{pretty}
We celebrated the end of school with a little hike. We've hiked to the top of Multnomah Falls many times (it's kind of a tradition for May), but we'd never gone past the top of the falls to see Weisendanger Falls.
Multnomah Falls


This is the beautiful Weisendanger Falls we were wanting to see (and by "we", I mean me)




My backyard seems to be getting prettier every day!









{happy}
Another spring tradition of ours is to buy a praying mantis egg sac. I buy this the same time as the ladybugs, and I put these in the girls' Easter baskets. The ladybugs are live and provide instant gratification, but the praying mantis sac takes a while to hatch. We check on it daily and it's always fun to find that it's hatched. 






Also...the ducklings are still around and now come up to us expecting food

Sadly, though, since these pics were taken, we have only been seeing 5 of the 10 ducklings. We aren't sure what has happened.





{funny}
She was having her "day"....Now that school is out, I don't see as much of my girls. They are loving the extra time to read and paint and be outside. I know it will wear off and boredom will set in, but for now we are enjoying some down time. She created this "nest" and spent a significant amount of time in it. And I seem to have gotten my morning quiet time back - since they don't have to come down for school, they have been staying upstairs playing and listening to audio books. 




{real}
we did our state testing earlier this week and called it a wrap for the school year! Our state doesn't require much from those of us who homeschool, but I do an end of year wrap-up for our own records. I love to include a photo of each girl on the first and last days of school.




6 comments:

  1. I love the praying mantis shots! And those sweet ducklings. I hope the rest of them are okay! The girls are beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you guys have a wonderful summer! Congratulations on passing the next hurdle, girls.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/05/american-tobacco-campus-durham-nc.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how much they grew! I've done the hike to those falls, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never hiked to the top of Multnomah falls (scared of heights) and have not heard of Weisendanger Falls, It's pretty though. Coleen wanted to do a little fort thing like your girl the other night. I told her to wait until summer. They still have 10 days of school left. Oh my the Praying Mantis babies are so neat & those baby ducks are just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've hiked to the top on Multnomah Falls and once when I was a kid, we hiked from a spot above the falls and down. As I recall, it was about seven miles. We'll be visiting the area this summer--maybe I can convince my hubby to hike the falls with me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know you could buy such goodies as prey mantis eggs. How cool! Your girls have definitely grown!

    ReplyDelete