Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Black and White Wednesday ~ Power Hour

A couple weeks ago I mentioned I had stumbled across a new idea that had the power to revolutionize my days. Now that it's been a couple weeks and I'm still finding value from this little idea, I want to share it with you. 

It's called my daily power hour....

The idea is to spend 20 minutes on three different things you want to do each day - totaling in one hour of time. I decided to determine what three things I would regret NOT doing each day. I don't usually go to bed each night wishing I'd spent a few more minutes cleaning or doing laundry. But I do often climb into bed mad at myself for not practicing my violin, exercising or reading.



first 20 minutes....violin practice




next 20 minutes...exercise
Usually I spend this time doing whatever comes to mind - squats, pushups, physical therapy exercises, kettle ball swings, sit ups, more squats, more pushups. If I have extra time in the day I'll go for a run, but this 20 minutes is reserved for the exercises I don't normally take time to do.




final 20 minutes....reading
This is my reward for completing the first two segments! 


My only rule is that I can't look at my phone during the hour. I've tried separating the segments and not doing them one after another, but it's not as successful, nor does it give me the same energizing feeling.

We've even tried this a bit with school when we are running short on time...we'll do violin for 20 minutes, math for 20 minutes and read aloud for 20 minutes (those are my three priorities each day).

I'm curious to know how you would spend your power hour if you had one...




 Linking up with  Black and White Wednesday and Wordless Wednesday

7 comments:

  1. I love this idea!
    I'd do reading, coloring, and maybe some sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine would be exercise, reading and gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for a walk, sorting a closet/drawer/cabinet (I feel a great sense of empowerment when I can organize something), do some still photography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, I think this is a wonderful way to enrich your daily life without creating an overload. This inspires me to think about utilizing my day more effectively to build myself up in short blocks of time. Thanks for this bit of encouragement and beautiful B&W images. BTW, I apologize for the slow return visit. Things sorta snowballed out of control last week, as result blogging, visits, suffered. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant! I am up at 4 for this very reason. It's my me time to exercise, ready and just enjoy some quiet. I don't look at my phone I just breath.

    Such a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete