Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Trim Healthy Mama Plan by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison



I'm going to start out by saying that I am reviewing the book - not the plan. I have read the book, but have not personally tried the plan. I know there are some pretty harsh criticisms of the plan as well as some true believers who have had great success.

The book itself is beautiful, and I really like the layout and overall look. It even feels good in my hands. The two sisters who authored the book try to keep it light and casual by adding humor and jokes (mostly poking fun at each other), and in my opinion, it takes away from the message of the book. I guess I prefer the facts in a straightforward way, and don't appreciate shuffling through the extra conversations.

When reading the book I definitely felt empowered to be able to give this dietary approach a try - both authors are very encouraging and explain the plan pretty well. However, several times the authors refer to recipes that are not included in this book and that can be frustrating. If I was to try this plan, I would likely need to buy the recipe book (and re-read this book several times).

Also, the language of the book is a bit confusing - S meals, E meals, fuel pulls, crossover meals, etc. Although it's explained well, it's not easy to grasp and understand with one reading.

Honestly I feel like this is just another version of "build your meal around protein, eat a lot of veggies and limit your sweets/carbs".




Disclaimer: I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment