Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Some Editing Fun...

I don't do a lot of editing to my photos - sometimes I adjust the brightness, but I've never used any program like Photoshop or Lightroom. It's not that I don't want to, but honestly I don't have the time or energy to spend figuring it out right now. 

Anyway, if I do major editing - enough to change the look of a photo completely, I do it on my phone with Snapseed. Here's an example of a photo I edited recently.


before



after

I added brightness and abmiance...used the healing tool to get rid of the extra clutter on the bottom and then opened it in Instagram. In IG, I added a bit of "lux" and also used a filter to make the colors pop. 

The best part about this photo?....I don't remember taking it. I think I accidentally took this while trying to position myself for a different shot. I'm glad I gave it a second chance and didn't just delete it. (this photo was taken with my iphone)





Here's another example where I just added brightness. I maxed out the brightness in instagram, but thought it could use some more. So I took a screen shot, then used the screen shot in IG to add a little more brightness. 


before






after



And, of course, I cropped it and placed the main subject a little off center. (this photo was taken with my dslr...Sony a77)

2 comments: