Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Our Homeschool Year ~ Finishing Up and Looking Ahead



It's that time of year...we are wrapping up our core lessons for the 2014-2015 school year and I'm looking ahead at what we'll do next year.

Despite my best intentions and planning, this year did not go as I thought it would. Instead, it went like every other year we've had of homeschooling so far.

I'm not a huge planner. I don't plan out each hour of the day, nor do I sit down with a calendar and figure out when we need to be on what lesson in order to be done by the end of the school year. And yet, somehow, we manage to finish our books and lessons at the end of May, beginning of June.

Last week we finished our spelling book. Yesterday we finished our cursive books. Today we finished History. And by tomorrow we will finish our grammar studies.

The one thing that has slipped and been forgotten since the beginning of the calendar year is science. So we'll have a month of summer school and do a little science each day. It seems like a perfect fit for the month of June.

As for next school year...I'm looking for a change in some of our curriculum. We've done four years of Grammar stage (classical education) and as we move into the Logic stage, I need to find new resources. So that will be my project for June. I'll also be working on our year-end portfolio, which I'll share when I finish.


1 comment:

  1. Ah, the end of the year reflection. I'm still blocking out this year while thinking ahead to next year!

    ReplyDelete