Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Home - Where I Was Raised and Where I Live Now


taking a moment to find joy in the little things

{pretty}
When I was in the midwest last week, it was barely spring there. We went to the botanical garden on Easter to see the lily display and saw a few other beautiful, interesting plants. 














{happy}
Before I left, I mentioned wanting to replace my wire arch in the garden with something more sturdy. When I came home, I found this....


My husband was busy while I was gone and I absolutely love it!

{funny}
I went to my cousin's farm while I was back in Illinois and they have several rabbits. They were HUGE compared to our rabbits. I couldn't get over how big they were. This guy was 22 pounds!





{real}
It was so good to see the family I rarely get to see. We are spread out all over the country - our "home" base being Illinois. The rest of us live in Oregon, Virginia and Texas. The good part is that our parents get to travel a lot! Can you tell which two in this photo are my blood relatives?


14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/04/cat-on-ladder.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful images! That is a huge bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a long bunny! The garden looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these pictures! And your new arbor! You got a good catch there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the 2nd one almost looks like our NZ pohutukawa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This images are stunning lovely captures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That spiky red flower is so cool! I love it... and so fun you were able to see your family, even if it was a little bitter sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous captures this week! Your hubby is so sweet to build the arbor for you while you were away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That awning/trellis is amazing! And that spiky puffball flower is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That awning/trellis is amazing! And that spiky puffball flower is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is barely spring here...I did see a couple of daffodils blooming on the sunny hillside above town though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful flower shots! the first flower is bougainvillea (sic!)- quite common in South African gardens. if I remember correctly, it is originally from south America. it comes in many different colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the horse photo, and the trellis is lovely! God bless

    ReplyDelete