Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Monday, December 1, 2014

Giving Tuesday


Recently here in the United States, we celebrated Thanksgiving.

Then it was Black Friday - a day dedicated to kicking off the holiday shopping with deep discounts and deals offered at almost every store.

Then it was Cyber Monday - the day you can find great deals on the internet. 

And now....now it's Giving Tuesday.

What is Giving Tuesday? It's a global day dedicated to giving back. It falls on the Tuesday after the American Thanksgiving in response to the massive amounts of consumerism that follows this holiday.

Compassion is attempting to raise enough funds to fully fund a Child Survival Program in Gujarat, India ALL IN ONE DAY....#GivingTuesday!





Why a Child Survival Program in India?  (info taken from Compassion)

Because nearly one in every three newborn deaths in the world occurs in India. And because every year, more than two million children under age five die in India. 

But we can change that. We can change that in one day.

Funding this center means we can: 
  • prepare moms with training to help care for their babies
  • help mothers learn to read and write
  • give children a safe place to learn and grow
  • ensure lifesaving medical care for babies and moms proclaim the hope of God to families living in poverty

Friends, I've seen Compassion's Child Survival Program in action in Peru and I can tell you it's making a huge difference in the lives of those who participate.  I've also sent monthly support to a CSP in India for many years and I love partnering with Compassion in this way. It's different in that you are not individually linked to a participant, but the small monthly donation is giving moms and babies a chance to survive those first years of life. 

It is such a practical and effective part of Compassion's ministry to children. 

Would you join me in supporting this endeavor? I sure hope you haven't spent all your money on all the great deals and you can make a donation NOW. 

Compassion released a post called Why Giving Tuesday Matters on their blog last week and you can read it HERE.

You can also read more about this endeavor and donate at the website found HERE.





all photos courtesy of Compassion


1 comment:

  1. I just love the idea of giving after all the "me me buy me this this!" I need to empty my charity box to buy toys for the less fortunate!

    ReplyDelete