1. Golden birthdays are fun. Do you know what a golden birthday is? It's a real thing, but I've learned that it's not all that common. My girl turned 9 on the 9th - her "golden" birthday. It's a fun theme to go with and it's special because it only happens once.
2. I absolutely love our birthday tradition of letting the girls design and decorate their cake each year. They love it and it totally takes the pressure off of me to create the perfect cake. I am not talented when it comes to baking or decorating baked goods.
3. Going to the zoo in the rain is not ideal, but it does mean you have the zoo to yourself for the most part. And the animals don't seem to mind the rain. I couldn't believe the hippos were out of the water - they are enormous!
4. The rain has been constant this week. I know so many are dealing with frigid temps and lots of snow so I shouldn't complain. Ok...I won't complain. It's rainy and I live in the pacific northwest. I will deal with it.
5. I recently got new underwear and it's just so nice. I just feel so fancy. Too much info? I'll spare you a photo.
I'm linking up with A Rural Journal today