Here are 5 random things rolling around in my head this morning....
1. I wish I could turn today's drizzle into snow. I don't really dream of white Christmases...I lived in Vermont and Michigan's UP long enough to have my fill of snow. But a light sprinkling of snow would be prettier than drizzle.
2. There is something about the beginning of December that makes me want to buy all new decorations. Thankfully, I have the willpower to resist because by this time of December, I'm so glad have kept things simple. As I look around at our decorations I'm not trying to figure out where or how I'm going to store everything. I know it will all fit into the one storage container we have.
3. I haven't put out all our Christmas decorations this year. I did, finally, get the nativity set out two days ago. Some might think this should be the first decoration to be put out, but it wasn't. I find little figurines and displays to scream "clutter", and when I went to put it out earlier I just couldn't do it. Finally, two days ago, I made room for it and now I'm enjoying it fully. It's ok to wait...in a culture that screams "now, now, now"...it's ok to wait a bit.
4. I am really looking forward to a break from our school schedule. I have plenty of things on my "to do" list and I'm ready to tackle them, but also ready to just spend hours sitting in a cozy chair reading.
5. I haven't written or given any thought to our annual Christmas letter yet. I guess I've given it some thought...like we should get around to doing that. A couple years ago we started sending them electronically because it cut down on the time, cost, and waste of sending them out through the mail. I still have time, especially since once I get it done it can be sent and received instantly!
I'm linking up with A Rural Journal today