Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Loving November

Two years ago I wrote a post called Redeeming November. In it I shared that November has always been a very bleak month for me and I made a list of things I would do to help me appreciate it a bit more. Only two years later I am writing a post called Loving November. Maybe it's because we've had such a beautiful fall, but I think it has more to do with life changing impact of keeping a gratitude list.

I consider this weekly link-up an extension of that list. The three blogs I'm linking to today have all helped me find beauty in the everyday and capture it with my camera. 

{pretty}
sunset beauty caught and shared via instagram



a quick walk through my backyard today found all sorts of beauty....





can you believe my honeysuckle is still blooming?




bringing some of my succulents inside for the winter



another beautiful sunset last night.

{happy}
My girls are loving our thankful leaves - reading the scripture printed on one side and adding their daily item on the other side. I love they way they hang around our window and remind us of our blessings.



We did it! My girls and I completed a full year of daily violin practice. I had promised them trophies and trophies they got.



Also acorns....acorns make happy, especially when I find them in tact. I've been inspired to find new ways to bring nature into my home and incorporate into my seasonal decorations. 





{funny}
Look at the photo above again. Do you see how practical I was? No name....no date....just a general description of how the trophy was earned. That way I can reuse it with other students when my girls are grown and realize trophies don't really hold a lot of value. 



{real}
My girls have taken turns being sick this past weekend and week. Not a whole lot of schoolwork got done. But we did finish our current read aloud and also finished listening to an audio book! Also, because of said audio book, my kitchen and family room have never been cleaner. I can't just sit and listen, so I clean! 


I'm linking up with Like Mother, Like Daughter

round button chicken
and Four Simply Living

5 comments:

  1. It truly looks like you're having a lovely November. Your pictures are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how capturing blessings can change your outlook on life. that is why i took counting blessing seriously this year.i'm so glad you join me every week, i so enjoy your pictures... that macro wow! i hope your girls are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One is still sniffling and I'm feeling a little down now....

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos!! Hope your family feels better and that you don't get sick!

    ReplyDelete