Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Passion For Compassion

If you know me at all, then you know I have a passion for the ministry of child sponsorship through Compassion International. I know there are other sponsorship organizations out there, but since Compassion is the ministry I know and trust, they get my voice.

One of the things I love and respect about Compassion is their willingness to try new things. Several years ago, Shaun Groves proposed that Compassion let him take a team of well-read bloggers to see the ministry of Compassion first hand. Nothing would be off limits or censored. The bloggers could ask any questions and blog about whatever they wanted.

It was a success. A HUGE success.

Over the past 5 years, 47 bloggers have gone on 9 different trips and more than 6,000 children have been sponsored.

This week a new team of  bloggers are in Nicaragua.


You can click HERE to read the posts and hear the stories. Or you can click on the image in the side bar.

I love these trips because each blogger brings a unique perspective when they share their stories. Most of the bloggers on this trip are new and have never seen the work of Compassion before. It's been fun to see Compassion through their eyes.

I'm especially interested in this trip because we have sponsored Josseling in Nicaragua for 10 years. Last year (January 2012), my husband traveled to Nicaragua and met her and her family. He visited her home and spent the morning at the local church where the Compassion project is located. He was amazed to see Compassion doing what they said they do.


As an advocate, I try to have child packets on hand in case I have the opportunity to share about sponsorship with someone.

Currently I have child packets for 2 children in Nicaragua.


Alicia Lucia Pereira Lopez
March 24, 2004


Medardo Jose Lompedro Solorzano
March 23, 2004


For $38 a month, you can sponsor Medardo or Alicia. Compassion works through the local church to provide holistic child development, meeting both physical and spiritual needs.

If you are interested in sponsoring Medardo or Alicia, please let me know and I will get you connected to them. Simply leave a comment or email me at fiddlejill(at)yahoo(dot)com.


No comments:

Post a Comment