Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Looking Forward With Focus

I love celebrating the new year and making resolutions. Every year I make a simple list of ways I'd like to grow ~ simple goals, specific goals, new ideas. I write them down and then keep them safely tucked away all year. Rarely do I pull the list out to review it during the year, but I love reading it on New Year's Eve each year.

You see, I don't want to live my life haphazardly. I don't want to reach the end of my life or even the end of a specific year and wonder what I did with the time I was given.

I want to live with focus and intention. At the end of each year I want to be able to look back and see that it was a great year in many ways ~ a year in which I accomplished things, I grew, I tried new things. By mapping out some simple areas to focus on, I am able to achieve some goals and experience growth in many areas all year long.

Last year I posted a sample list and thought about doing the same again this year. Instead I've decided to write a series of posts, each one focusing on a different area or goal. I'm doing this more for myself than for anyone else. I think it will help me be even more intentional and help me work out just what I'm hoping to accomplish.

So here's to a new year and new resolutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment