Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, December 6, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}


taking a moment to capture contentment and joy in every day life

{pretty}






 {happy}
I made roasted sweet potato and quinoa soup and it was so yummy!



What I'm really happy about, though, is that I am getting my crown today! I had an implant in October and I'm ready for the crown. I'm about 7 weeks ahead of schedule, but the healing has gone well and I'm ready to have a front tooth again.



{funny}

{real}
My girls are loving the Christmas angel tradition we started last year. This is something my husband's family did as a child (although I complicated it and took it to a new level last year). They are leaving thank you notes, drawings, questions, welcome signs  -  even cleaning their room for her/him. And it's all unprompted. It's just so sweet to see this side of them.



I'm linking up with Like Mother, Like Daughter


round button chicken

5 comments:

  1. Yay for the crown!! What good news for you! Is Syd learning calligraphy? That writing is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a calligraphy set with my birthday money and Sydney loves to use it. She's just been looking at the book and trying it out herself.

      Delete
  2. what's your recipe for the soup? That sounds like a good combo. I love the santa-hat-feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a link to the soup - I'll put it in the post above, too.

      http://noshingwiththenolands.com/roasted-sweet-potato-and-quinoa-soup/

      Delete
  3. Thanks for joining. Things are looking seasonal at your house! Love the angel pictures.

    ReplyDelete