At any rate, here are some random thoughts running through my head today....
- Does the rush from Thanksgiving into Christmas bother anyone else out there, or is it just me? We even have longer than normal this year with Thanksgiving falling so early in the month, but it seems everyone is in a rush to be done being thankful and get on to Christmas. I made it very clear to my girls that we were keeping in the spirit of Thanksgiving and holding off on Christmas decorating until at least December.
- We are doing some major cleaning and decluttering today and tomorrow in preparation for Christmas.
- What is it about Christmas that makes me want to completely redecorate my house? I was running some errands alone last night and kept looking at all these dreamy decorations. Thankfully I remained sane and didn't buy anything crazy. Now that I'm more of a minimalist I take a lot of things into consideration before I buy something. I've gotten my Christmas decorations down to one large rubbermaid container and it's absolutely full with no room for anything else. So when I see something new I want to add to the decorations, I consider what that means in terms of storage. Usually I talk myself out of it.
- I did buy some simple decorations that can be used for more than one month. More on that later - I think that's a post for next week.
- I won something today and I'm pretty excited. It's a holiday countdown box that can be used for three holidays. Because it can be used for more than one holiday (Christmas), I can store it in my other rubbermaid container - the holiday/seasonal storage container (which is good because the Christmas one is FULL!)
- I cannot find a cute, girly dress for my almost 8 year old for Christmas. Apparently what I think is cute and age appropriate is not what the designers think is cute. I always seem to have a cute dress for my younger daughter (found this year's at Goodwill), but have trouble finding something for my older daughter. I had the same problem last year.
- All I want for Christmas is my front tooth!!! I had a check-up appointment this week and the implant is healing well - Praise God for that. I go back in 2 weeks for the crown. What a gift this is - the original check-up date was not scheduled until January 15th, but now it appears I will get my crown on December 14th - more than a month early.
- I FINALLY finished Gulliver's Travels! I reached my goal of reading three classics this year.
- We have a dragon loose in our house. The girls have spotted clues and have set a couple traps to catch him. I have no idea how they get these ideas, but it's kept them busy and excited for a couple hours. Did you know dragons like spinach? That's what the girls are using to lure him out. I guess he's hiding under my bed - I should probably move the Christmas presents I have hidden under my bed. Apparently the girls do look under there...
I better get to that cleaning I was talking about earlier.