Just thought I would write a quick post about our homeschool binders. This is the third year I've done this and it works really well for us.
Each girl gets a giant binder. Sometime in August I take the girls shopping for a few school supplies and let them pick out which color they want. Last year they each had two smaller binders, but I much prefer one giant binder each.
And mama gets her own binder as well.
Last year I chose a "theme verse" for our home education experience. I certainly need endurance and encouragement from God as this verse mentions.
May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. ~ Romans 15:5-6
In my binder I keep track of the following :
- calendar with any school-related happenings / outings
- book list for our read-alouds
- activities / lessons / craft ideas we might want to do
- record of our memory work
- contact list for our homeschool group
- copies of Ann Voskamp's parenting manifesto, 10 grace prayers and 10 helps for busy moms
In the girls' binders we keep track of their papers for each subject. They also have a list of books they have read independently and each month they make a calendar that also gets put in their binder.
If you homeschool, do you have a similar record-keeping system?