Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Simple Compassion

Judith in Kenya ~ 1994

In October of 1994, I began my journey as a child sponsor through Compassion International.

I hoped it would be a life changing experience, but I thought it was Judith's life that needed changing. I really had no idea how life changing it would be for me.

That was 18 years ago and I've never looked back. Instead whenever I think about this journey I'm on, I'm so thankful for taking that first step. I'm so grateful that these kids are part of my life.

This is one of the reasons I strive to live simply.....so that others may simply live.


Judith 

It works....this sponsorship thing works. Children and their families are being released from poverty and it's a beautiful thing. Compassion's approach is a holistic one and they are determined to develop these children in a way that is sustainable and successful.

When I find something that works and really does affect me and others in positive ways, I jump in. And naturally, I encourage others to jump in with me.


Judith at 18 years old


So consider this your invitation to take the first step of your own journey to a fuller life.

18 years ago I didn't have the incredible opportunity to go to a website and look at all the beautiful children waiting to be sponsored. But YOU do have that opportunity.

Would you take a moment to see who is waiting? Simply click HERE ~ once you are there you can browse all around Compassion's website to learn more about their ministry.




Questions?  I would love to answer any questions you might have.

Pretty please....if you do sponsor a child, would you please let me know? I would love to be able to encourage you in any way I can.

Also, to read much, much more about my experience as a Compassion sponsor and advocate, join me over at Compassion Family. Over there you can read every letter I received from my first sponsored child, Judith.


Full disclosure: I am participating in Compassion's Blog Month. I am competing with bloggers all over the world to send traffic to Compassion's site and ultimately get children sponsored. I would greatly appreciate your support, as the grand prize is a trip on a future blogging trip to one of the countries where Compassion works.

No comments:

Post a Comment