Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tuesday's Progress

I got a peek into some other minimalist's homes yesterday, and I have to say that I'm not feeling so minimalist anymore.

Lorilee over at Loving Simple Living wrote a post called Minimalist Living - What We Own that shows great pictures of their current living space. Then I was over at Minimalist Mommi and watched some of her Home Tour videos.

Although I own quite a bit more than either of these two families, it was an inspiration as I tackled my kitchen today. I'm excited about what I accomplished. I didn't take many pictures, but do have a picture of the cupboard that bothers me the most.

Not only do I open the cupboard more than any other each day, I think the hodgepodge collection of drinking containers makes it feel more cluttered (kind of like the different colors of hangars in my closet). If the items were more streamlined and similar, I don't think it would bother me as much.

Not wanting to replace everything just so it will match, I weeded out what we don't really use or need.



BEFORE



AFTER

I did really well in getting rid of unnecessary items. Here's my list for the day:

  • 4 glasses
  • 3 mugs
  • 3 plates
  • 6 tupperware containers
  • 1 large pottery bowl
That's 17 things!  How are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment