Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Progress

I have continued to make great progress with my decluttering this week. 

I tackled the junk drawer and got rid of as much as I could. A lot of this stuff is my husband's and is there not within my jurisdiction to get rid of. But I was able to get rid of quite a lot.

BEFORE




AFTER



I also realized that the space between my pantry cupboard and my refrigerator had gotten quite cluttered. This is where we keep extra bags.

BEFORE


I pulled everything out and realized I just had too much. 



AFTER
I kept two of the paper bags with handles and recycled the rest.


I stopped keeping track of everything I've gotten rid of, but I can recall the following:

  • sold 7 books on Amazon
  • 2 games
  • 7 VHS tapes 
  • 5 Brain Quest question things
  • 5 things from my wardrobe
Those things alone keep me at meeting my 5 things a day quota. It feels good to make progress and I'm more determined than ever to continue.


1 comment:

  1. Jill you are doing so well with the decluttering. My biggest problem is all the sentimental clutter. I am making slow progress but find it hard to reduce all the greeting cards I have kept over the years especially ones for special occasions. I know it will feel so much better not to have drawers full of them. Your bedroom looks beautiful and very calming. Annie

    ReplyDelete