Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Simple Exercise

Running.....

I'm not a runner, but I do run every week.

I used to hate it. Or at least strongly disliked it. But then I decided to start training for a 5K. Then I did a 10K. I even once did a 15K. 

I don't train anymore, I just run at least once a week.  My running frequency picks up in the summer as I prefer to exercise outside as much as possible. I don't go far ~ usually 3 miles. It's so simple, and I feel so good when I'm done. 

Due to lack of sunlight in the early morning or later evening, my regular runs are coming to an end. I'll once again be back inside, following some exercise guru on the tv screen. I don't mind it, I just don't prefer it. 

I prefer to throw on my running shoes, grab my ipod and run out the front door.

How about you? What is your preferred exercising method?

1 comment:

  1. You are a runner!

    I love to run, nothing serious, i usually run on Saturday and Sunday mornings. I run 6km as it is hilly around my home.

    It is such a flexible sport since i have a family, and all i need are my running shoes and i am out the door....

    ReplyDelete