Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Saturday, November 26, 2011

My New Minimalist Room

About an hour before leaving to go to friends' house on Thanksgiving, my husband and I decided to rearrange a couple rooms in our house. The idea first came to us when we had company for a couple weeks and we gave them our room. That left us on the floor of the drum/violin/gear room. We do have a futon that would serve as an extra bed, but it was in the main part of the living space.

So....we decided to brainstorm and come up with a new plan. The drums would be moved to the master bedroom since it's the largest room and had the most extra space. The futon would be moved in where the drums were creating an extra bedroom. The small couch that was in our bedroom would replace the futon.

In the meantime, our girls' decided they would like to move their room and switch with the guest/violin/gear room.

And so an hour before leaving for Thanksgiving dinner, we began the big move. At first I thought we were crazy, but an hour later we were almost done. It didn't take us more than an hour after we got home to finish.

During the moving and rearranging I couldn't help but think how much stuff we had, but as I sat in my new "minimalist room", I realized we had accomplished quite a bit in a short amount of time because of how little we had.

It was also a great opportunity for the girls to go through their stuff and declutter a bit.

I love the new arrangement, even though there is now a drum set in my bedroom! As I was sitting in the guest/violin/gear room, I loved how minimalist it was. It was calm and peaceful.

 Here are a couple pictures....(the K above the window is left over from when this was the girls' room)





Even the closet, full of different types of adventure gear felt organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment